I wanted to try a new apple recipe this year, and after sorting through a ridiculous amount of fall recipes on Pinterest, I came across a fantastic recipe for Apple Cranberry Cobbler from The Chew’s Clinton Kelly. Here’s my take on his recipe, with a few slight modifications.
For the Cobbler Filling:
- 5 apples (peeled and chopped)
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/2 cup orange or lemon juice
- generous pinch of salt
- 8 tablespoons butter
- For the Cobbler Topping:
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 pinches of salt
- Preheat the Oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss together all ingredients for the cobbler filling.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the topping ingredients.
- Put the butter in the pie dish and place in oven until melted. Remove dish from the oven and fill with the fruit mixture. Pour cobbler topping over the fruit.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour, or until the juices are bubbling and the cobbler is golden. Tent with foil if the cobbler is getting to brown.